– A Zillow estimate is a “fun” tool for home buyers and sellers because it is a free, easy to access tool to get an idea of a home’s value. However, it is important to realize that a Zillow estimate is no substitute for the services of a skilled real estate agent.
– The problem with the Zillow estimate is that it’s completely inaccurate. Their tool misleads both buyers and sellers on the value of a property.
– Real Estate agents are left to explain to consumers they should take a Zillow estimate with a grain of salt.
– Zillow uses a program based on averages that give a general idea of the price of a property, whereas a real estate agent will calculate the value using detailed information and experience that the Zillow program does not.
– A major component of the Zillow algorithm is an assessed value which has no correlation to market value.
– Pricing a home is one of the most important parts of a sale. You want to get it right the first time, which means using the services of a Realtor experienced in your market.
– Remember Zillow doesn’t visit your home. Don’t expect an algorithm to know what your home is worth. You could dump $50,000 into your property tomorrow, and Zillow would never know about it.
– When you need market conditions specific to “your home” or the real estate market feel free to call me 661 714-0911